It's been a long time since I've posted anything! Nothing much is new...Anteneh continues to learn so quickly! His favorite phrase lately is, "OH, my goodness!"...He says it ALL THE TIME. I will admit-he gets it from me. But he says it all the time to himself with his little accent. It's so funny. For instance, he will be alone in the bathroom on the toilet and I'll hear him exclaim, "Oh, my goodness!" Hahaha...constant entertainment! It's so cool to see how his attention span and his ability to make believe have expanded. He now regulartly sits in Grace's room with her and plays with her little animals. He used to only bang cars together and fight w/ his sword but now he sits and concentrates on things...He will play with Grace for a long time, which gives Luke and I some great quality time together. We must be done having kids b/c Luke has officially taken the position of my baby. He always was but as he gets a little older I'm seeing that it's not b/c he's a baby...he's 3 years old-he's a little KID and he still holds that special place in the family. And those moments when Grace and Anteneh are playing in her room are priceless for mommy-baby time! Haha...it must be official that he is forever stuck in the 'baby of the family' position!
Anteneh has only gained 1 pound! Isn't that odd? I think it's kind of odd...We thought he'd gain at least a few pounds...The thing that has us baffled is that there is NO WAY he was eating this much food in Ethiopia. I've never seen a child his size eat so much. We still regularly have to cut him off after he's had seconds on everything AND asked to clean Grace and Luke's plates! He ate so much at Cici's Pizza today at lunch that he had to come home and sit on the toilet for 10 minutes and cried b/c his stomach hurt. There is no way he had access to that amount of food before so we wonder why he hasn't gained much of any weight. He has gotten an inch taller and his feet are definately bigger. (He was already tall with long feet)...My best guess is that he is so much more active now that he just burns those calories off! He really is extrememly active and doesn't stop all day. I guess that's where it's going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment