Friday, December 29, 2006

We are buying tickets!

Adoption Advocates (our agency) contacted us and told us that we can go ahead and secure our plane tickets! Yeah! Our court day was today in Addis Ababa and our U.S. Embassy appointment is on January 31st. That means Daryn and I are leaving on January 27th and will be back on February 3rd with Anteneh! We can hardly believe that it is happening so quickly...what a blessing. Today I bought Anteneh a toothbrush and a small backpack for the plane ride. It's crazy to wonder if he will even know how to wear a backpack or how to brush his teeth. I read about another parent who adopted from Ethiopia who had the hardest time getting her daughter to sit in the bathtub because it was such a foreign experience. I'd say we are in for an adventure...another HUGE PRAISE is that we received the donation from the incredibly generous lady mentioned in our previous post about the day we found out-December 11th...What a blessing her donation is...and we still hope to find out about our Steven Curtis Chapman adoption grant soon! Praise God!

No comments: