Monday, January 1, 2007

A GREAT Book

For one of my Christmas presents, Daryn got me a book called 'There is No Me Without You' by Melissa Fay Greene. It is an AMAZING book that gives so much insight into the AIDS orphan problems of Africa. What a unique glimpse it is giving us into the life of Anteneh and literally millions of kids like him! Here is the link to the book's webpage. www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com And here is the website of the lady that the book is about, Haregewoin Teferra, www.awmosa.org . She is an amazing woman who has invested her entire life in caring for the children of Addis Ababa who have been orphaned by AIDS, many of whom have it themselves. What an inspirational story. Daryn and I hope to contact her and meet her while we are in Addis. Another cool thing about the book is that it talks about our agency, (Adoption Advocates, International) and the Layla House where Anteneh lives!

Brooke

1 comment:

Sara and JC Trombley said...

What a neat book. I'll have to read it now that I have some time on my hands. I hope you get to meet her! I can't wait to read all about it on your blog.