
...how Anteneh says, "I'm boring" instead of "I'm bored", "glubs" instead of "gloves", "famot" instead of "favorite", and "beetabutta" instead of "peanut butter". He doesn't care if it's right-as long as it's close
...how my boys are so close that Luke has picked up Anteneh's accent

...how everywhere Anteneh goes he makes at least one new friend-everywhere-even if he's there for 10 minutes
...how when he's known someone for 10 minutes, he already has begun calling them, "my friend"
...how all of my kids love Ethiopian food
...the way they are all REALLY nice to eachother when they are excited about something we are doing as a family-like on the way to a camping trip or the movie theatre
...the way Grace sits and reads books to the boys-whichever books they want-even Spiderman
...that they make the most of their craft room and produce more creations than I know what to do with
...how Luke sometimes cleans the bathroom sink and counter to surprise me
...how Grace wakes up and gets the boys cereal on weekends, letting us sleep an extra 20 minutes
...that they can entertain themselves with dirt and some stones and sticks
...how when I picked up Anteneh from class, his teacher said, "he's all boy-the rest of the kids played on the swingset this afternoon-he went straight for the dirt pile"
... how I find things like an old parmesan cheese container filled with decomposing leaves and earthworms in Grace's dresser drawer-because she loves nature
...how I can see my hard work paying off when my kids are really well behaved when they are in public (most of the time)
...that all my kids can wipe themselves now!
...and get their own drinks at dinnertime and carry their own plates to the sink afterwards
...how Grace likes to have someone sit in the bathroom during her shower-just to talk...like mother like daughter
...how all my kids think George Washington is awesome
...ok...Luke is crying cause Anteneh pushed him down...gotta be done with this post and deal with the fight...you know, life isn't "blog perfect" all the time (you know, how blogs make people sound like they've always got their junk together and their families are perfect?)...Haha




4 comments:
gotta agree with the sugar coated blog thing...We just want to relive the good stuff though.
Also, thanks for finally blogging!!!
LOVE this post!!
I think I every mom should make a list like this - about the things they love about their kids. ...that list can come in handy when life isn't "blog perfect".
I strive to keep it real on my blog - but I think I just humilate myself most of the time. I fully anticipate DSS will visit me one of these days because I advertise my parental imperfection....but you know..most of those stories are just made up to make others feel better about themselves...yeah, right! :-)
What a sweet list! This was fun to read and makes me want to come up with one of my own! :) My little guy is 18 months and it is a little too easy to focus on the the crazy tantrums and scream fests these days...a list like this might be a good idea. :)
This post is precious! We're having our first on Monday, and I look forward to all of those wonderful things about my children. I love how much you cherish your kids. What a blessing you are to them, too!
(from a friend of Stacy Grove's)
Post a Comment