This is the first time we held him-Gail(the director) said, "Anteneh, this is your mommy and daddy!" and he slowly and shyly walked up to me and I hugged him and put him on my lap. That's Gail in the background...she has the coolest job!
This is Anteneh discovering all the toys we brought for him...

And wearing his new backpack that he LOVED and his brown dog shirt from Aunt Tracey!

Meeting Anteneh's biological mother...she was so much more beautiful in person...

These are Anteneh's old roomates at Sele Enat where he lived for 3 months when his mom turned him over to the orphanage system. In this picture, they are looking through a little window into the baby room that Daryn and I were standing in...when they heard we were there, they ran out and said, "HI! Do you have a son named Luke?!" (they had been looking at the little album we'd sent to Anteneh in December!)
And this shot is of Anteneh's bed at Sele Enat...(the bottom bunk right behind those boys)It makes me so sad to think of him laying there at night crying-wondering where his mommy had gone and wondering why he was there...he cries at night now when he wakes and we aren't there and when he does I just picture him laying there in that bed at Sele Enat crying for his mommy and it just breaks my heart!
Well, I have to go for now but I'll try to post more pics later!



1 comment:
I love your blog! and I love the new pictures- thank you for sharing that with all of us!
Post a Comment