
Today was fun-never mind the fact that we let the boys strip down to their underwear in the front yard...Daryn and I were so tired by 4pm that we just put two buckets of water in the driveway with sponges and cups and let the kids play in the water-lots of fun for a 2 year old, 3 year old, and 5 year old...well, the boys were soaked so they kept peeling clothes off and ended up in their underwear. Grace was a lady and kept all her clothes on (I think she is past the age where being in underwear outside is OK...Haha


The kids had a grand old time and we got to sit and rest in lawn chairs. I hope our neighbors weren't offended...As we sat watching the kids, I couldn't help laughing at their little bodies...Luke is stocky-he's strong and muscular but not very lean. He has washboard abs. Anteneh on the other hand is lean and thin and long. And his belly is the roundest belly I've ever seen-I guess some kids just have bellies and some don't...his health is good and he eats as many calories as I do...I am pretty sure he is just built like that. It's funny how all our kids are built so differently but they are all so cute in those ways that they are different from each other-I had to capture it on film. Am I horrible that I put pictures of our kids in their underwear on the internet? Don't answer that.
Oh! And last night we had an Ethiopian college student over for dinner-which was very fun-I was a little scared to do it b/c I had no clue what to cook (OK...I know that it's not that big of a deal but what would he like to eat???) It was nice to talk to him and to see him talk to Anteneh a little-of course, Anteneh was too shy to talk back very much but we'd like to continue the relationship with Tesfa...he also told us about some Ethiopian children in Evansville! We might have to get a hold of their parents! I asked him what Harar is like (the city Anteneh came from) and he said, "We say it is the land of the beautiful ones-all of the women there are beautiful"...that doesn't suprise me at all...his mother was so beautiful...
I've gotta quit wasting time online-we have less than 2 hours to be awake after the kids are in bed if we want to get enough rest before they get up when the sun rises...oh...i remember those days of long ago where we got to sleep until we wanted to get up...those days are long gone. But these days are better:)



3 comments:
Brooke, Our daughter's belly looked like that and she ended up having giardia. The tummy went down when we got the giardia meds finally (she tested negative THREE times!)
Just FYI
Mary, mom to many
I was going to suggest giardia too!
Sounds like a fun day for the children!
Brooke
I have a little one from Harar and he is teeny as well. My son has the same little dimples on his shoulder blades. Adorable!! It was so wonderful to hear about your meeting with your son's beautiful birth mom. We did not get to meet our son's birth mom but your story somehow made me feel closer to her.
Thanks for sharing.
Christine
Post a Comment