I was thinking today how well he is doing, really. As we ate lunch, I watched him eat grapes and remembered 4 weeks ago when he would chew up a grape and spit the peel out. He was so finicky for 2 weeks and quickly learned to love American food...he will eat almost anything now. He eats raw veggies, even...lots of kids won't touch them. I couldn't be happier with the way he eats. The three kids are pretty easy at meals. Grace was always like that and Luke took some work, but they all eat so well...

Anteneh's belly size has diminished a lot. (See swim lessons picture above-check out those spiderman trunks!) I guess it was true that a lot of the belly size was due to the giardia. (some ladies who've adopted children w/ giardia told me it might be due to that) He does still have a belly but it's mostly gone. I really thought it was just like that b/c it took weeks AFTER he finished the medicine to see any difference.
He has quickly learned to LOVE going to Grandma and Papa's! He actually asks sometimes when we leave, "Grandma's!?" and when we say 'no', he cries. Haha! We get together with all the aunts and uncles and cousins at Daryn's parents' house often and when we do, the kids have SO MUCH FUN together. He loves it. And it didn't take him long to fall in love with it!
Also, his English is coming along well...yesterday, Daryn came home from work and Anteneh ran up to him and said, "Daddy! Watch this!" and showed him something new he could do...one of his favorite things to do is sit on the counter and help me cook. He and Luke LOVE IT! We made cookies today. (And he managed to avoid sticking the butterknife in the toaster again!)
He has learned many of our little family quirks and traditions...he knows to put Shadow in the crate when we leave, he knows in the morning if he hops in his carseat right away he gets a bag of snacks and a sippy cup for the ride, he knows when I say, "let's give you a haircut" he gets the little wooden chair and sits on the front porch waiting...he knows that when we watch a movie on family movie night, we always pop popcorn. And my personal favorite: he mixes 2 cereals in the morning like the rest of the family (OK..Daryn isn't that weird but the kids and I are)...and he knows after meals many times we turn on the radio and dance in the kitchen! Today the boys and I were dancing to Lyle Lovett (nobody make fun of me-we love him) and I started thinking about dancing with the boys at their weddings. (OK-I know this sounds totally mommish but sometimes I stop and am in awe that they are going to be grown men someday)...I asked Luke, "Lukie, are you going to get married to someone like mommy someday?" and he said the classic responce of, "I'll marry mommy"...and I said, "well, daddy already married me" (not to mention you can't marry your mom anyhow)...and he said, "Luke's turn"...Haha...



No comments:
Post a Comment