
Today Grace was so brave! She never ceases to amaze me with how giving she is...I told her months ago about Locks of Love-the organization that takes hair donations to make hairpieces for children who have lost their hair due to childhood diseases and chemo treatments. From the moment she heard about it, she was set on donating her hair. We let it grow a few months to get it long enough and today we went in and got it cut! I did the honors of cutting the pigtails off b/c I'd read the requirements of how long they had to be(we cut 10 inches!) and our friend Nick Berry did a GREAT job of giving her a cute little bob! I felt like crying-like he'd cut MY hair off or something...
and Daryn wasn't too excited for her to cut off her hair (he didn't tell Grace that) ...BUT GRACE LOVES IT! Which is great b/c I was scared she'd cry and regret cutting it...I just love her...she is such a giver. She has a giving little unselfish heart. WE are going to package up her pigtails in the morning and send it in! I'd better hide them from Anteneh, though-he has a tendency to get in to things if you haven't noticed:) Haha!



3 comments:
How cute! I do have to admit the long hair was beautiful, but the bob is also very cute and I'm sure it will be great for the summer. When we stopped by the other day I commented to Grace how long her hair was getting and she said proudly, "I'm doing it for the Locks of Love," and ofcourse she had to tell me all about it. She was soo glad to do it. She has a great heart!
What a great family you are raising. And how fun is it that you get to record their happenings in such a wonderful way?!
I have four little cousins that each grow their beautiful silky blond hair out every year for Locks of Love. I am always so proud of little ones who do such selfless things. What amazing little hearts they have!!
Post a Comment