Like my title? Well, all I have to say is: Anteneh is peeing multiple times a night, now...night before last I cut off fluids 1.5 hours before bed, had him pee 30 minutes before bed, right before bed, and at 10:30pm I went in there to take him to pee and he'd already peed in his sleep....so, I changed sheets and PJ's...then in the morning I went in there and he'd peed again. I think his body is in such deep sleep that he at various times lets out anything he has in there. It's like he's a camel, though, b/c sometimes I don't know where the liquid is coming from since I cut him off hours before bedtime....So, yesterday morning I was washing 2 sets of sheets and PJ's. To me, putting him in pullups has always been regressing in potty training...I was thinking, "why take a kid that is pottytrained and put him in diapers?!" Even if it saves me from having to wash sheets, I don't want him to just keep going in the middle of the night b/c he has a pull up on...I don't want my 4 year old in diapers. BUT having him pee multiple times in the middle of the night and not wake up during it is showing me something different. If he woke him self up by peeing, I would NOT have him wear anything but he doesn't wake up. Whether he is wearing a 'good nights' pant or not, he doesn't know the difference in his sleep. If he's not even knowing he is doing it, he isn't going to learn, anyway. I am still having an inner termoul-I really still want to refuse putting him in any sort of diaper thing. I just wish there was another option. The bed alarm is too expensive and a pee pad only protects the fitted sheet. I still have to wash the top sheet, pillowcase and his clothes. (There is a plastic liner around his mattress and pillow). I think I'm buying some 'good nights' today even though I'm going to hate buying them (figures 1 weeks ago I gave an entire pack of pullups to a friend b/c I had them leftover from pottytraining Luke).
In other news...Grace has 2 barely loose teeth and 2 permanent teeth coming in. The dentist says that her mouth is too crowded and if she can't get at least 2 out in the next few weeks, he wants to pull 4! That will cost us almost $400 out of pocket b/c we don't have dental insurance...So, I told Grace if she can wiggle 2 teeth out in the next 2 weeks, Daryn and I would buy her a new Webkinz. (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a stuffed animal w/ a special code to this fun website where you can play with your animals online and play games, etc...) I figure $15 is cheaper than $400 and it's GREAT motivation for her! She is determined...She feels so old...sometimes she sits with the phone and says, "Who should I call to tell them about my teeth?"
Here is a sample prayer from bedtime 2 nights ago:
Mommy: "Lord, thank you for this great day."
Grace: "And thank you that I have 2 loose teeth"
Mommy: "Thank you that we got to play outside and see Grandma"
Grace: "and thank you that I have another tooth coming in"
Mommy: "and thank you for the ways you bless our family"
Grace: "and for letting me get a Webkinz if I can get my tooth out"
I'm not kidding...that was almost word for word...kids are so funny...but, hey-she sure has a thankful heart about the whole thing! haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I read somewhere that too many dairy products makes it difficult for children to feel the sensation. I don't know if there is any truth to it, but you might want to research it or at even try eliminating dairy from his diet to see if that works. Good luck!
Laura
mommyin2008.blogspot.com
Have you had him checked by his pediatrician? Seriously, there can be several medical reasons for nightime wetting. And they are ones that you don't want to miss or ignore. (((hugs)))
As a mama of 4 boys, my advice would be to calmly use the Goodnights and go from there. He isn't doing this on purpose and you're right...he's not able to learn in his sleep. Don't worry...He'll be nightdry eventually. It does take some children (especially boys) longer. Some can take quite a long while for night dryness. The stress and worry about it won't help him or you so the Goodnights are a "good" option ;)
And see what his doctor says.
As I wrote before, 4 of my 5 Ethiopian kids, who sleep like THEY ARE DEAD, wet the bed, despite, withholding fluids, despite getting them up multiple times a night, etc, They have had EXTENSIVE testing by a reknowned pediatric urologist. We have used bed alarms that wakes the ENTIRE house, but NOT the bedwetter. He recommends, for the parent's sanilty, Goodnights. He assures me that is does not prolong the bedwetting because the kids doesn't wake up when they are wet anyway, whether they wear a Goodnight or not. He has patients who are 10,11, 12 who still wet the bed. He says that deep sleepers have a form of sleep apnea, in most cases. Get the Goodnights - it will make YOUR life easier!!
Several of my kids did not stay dry at night til age 8 (sorry to break it to you). That may be the upper limit of normal but it is still normal. Pullups are a blessing. Also, try cutting out dairy as dairy allergies are a big factor for some kids, including a couple of mine...
Mary, mom to many
Post a Comment