Sunday, July 27, 2008
Contact!
July 23rd was a WONDERFUL day! It was so great because we finally got a hold of Anteneh's biological mother in Ethiopia! A new Ethiopian friend of ours, Tigist, came over and called for us. It was wonderful to have her translate. Aberash has been longing to hear Anteneh's voice ever since the last time she heard it in February 2007. It has been a long road to talking to her on the phone. At first we had the wrong phone number. Then we had nobody to translate. Finally we found an Ethiopian friend and the correct phone number and got through but she was out of the city of Harar. So, we had to wait but then our Ethiopian friend moved away. But finally on July 23rd we connected...Praise the Lord. It was a special day. Anteneh told her that he was coloring and playing with his brother...and that he loved her. She said she was 'overjoyed'!!!! We were so happy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is very cool! We have Isaiah's mom's number, but until the adoption is final, I don't think we are supposed to contact her. Really, I guess, since he is there, there is really no reason. Does Anteneh seem to know who she is?
WOW! That is so sweet. I'm so glad you and Anteneh got to experience that phone call.
What a neat thing you got to do!! That is great for Anteneh!!
Debbie
Wow. That's great! I am so glad for you all. I love that you can call her now!
Post a Comment