Friday, August 1, 2008

Going to the Fair

The kids and I went to the fair with one of their Aunt Megans,cousin Jocelyn, and Grandma Connie. It was so fun! Our very favorite thing was the Llamas. I've always dreamed of owning alpacas (similar to llamas) but after seeing their personality compared to the llamas, we are now huge llama fans. The babies were so sweet and one of the llama mothers was really friendly in spite of the fact that we were obsessed with her baby. This is Grace having a bonding moment with one of the awesome Llamas...they are so gentle and good with kids. We'd love to have a few. They are easy for kids to work with, lead on a leadrope, and don't bite. You can have them as pets, sell or donate their fur to cottage industries, and the babies sell for a nice profit. We just want them to raise:)
Grace and Anteneh with a Llama mamma-haha
Jocelyn with Tinkerbell-a really sweet llama
"Can I please have a baby goat, mom? Why not?"
I LOVE this picture. balloons from the Vanderburg County Sheriff, soft serve ice cream cones from the Future Dairy Farmers of America' booth, walking down to see the horses.
It was a great day at the fair! Grace is asking to do 'mini 4-H next year'...we might do it. It was so cool to see all the kids display their hand raised animals and collections in the exhibit hall. Grace would do really well at 4-H, I think!

No comments: