Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall


Well, what family blog would be complete right now without the annual pumpkin patch picture? So, here is ours from today. Unfortunately there are no real pumpkin patches around here where you can pick a pumpkin so we had to settle for Englebrect's Orchard, which the kids were totally pumped about! The owner of the orchard came out and offered the kids a cut up Gala apple that he cut with his pocket knife. That's the kind of situation where a mom has to check her germ meter at the door! Were his hands clean? No. Was his pocket knife? Were my kids' hands clean? Did he wash the pesticides off that apple? Haha...yes, all those thoughts went through my head but it was so fun, it didn't matter. The kids ran around like madmen screaming about which pumpkin they wanted and eating their apple pieces. At one point we went inside the building for a minute to look around and Luke got very concerned about leaving his pumpkin outside. He was convinced a 'bad guy' might try to take his pumpkin but I assured him it was safe. The one bad thing about the day? It was 80 something degrees. It is just NOT RIGHT to pick out pumpkins in shorts and tee shirts! We might as well live in Florida with Aunt Tracey and Uncle Bry!
I had to post this picture. It REALLY makes me laugh. Not in a million years would I think my husband would EVER LIKE a cat. I think he has softened a little. I came down the stairs yesterday to find him cuddling with the animals.
Runt has actually been renamed-well, kind of. KiKi or Speed or Pouncer are the current options they've thought of. The poor thing. The kids can't decide so he is still "the kitty"!

2 comments:

mary christine said...

My dad always used to swear he'd kick the cats out the door (literally) if they came in the house, or rubbed up against his ankles... Once I and my sister went to college, though, he was letting them inside, sweet talking them, giving them treats, etc. Funny how they change... :-)

The Clements Family said...

I hope my talk with the boys about "bad guys" on the way to the park the other day didn't cause Luke to worry about his pumpkin! I just wanted them to stay close to me!