I'm going to skip the paragraph where I explain why I haven't added anything to our blog in a super long time and go straight to the good stuff...the special surprise the kids got yesterday morning when they woke up.

Friday evening Daryn caved to my pressure and agreed to let the kids have a cat! I was pleasantly surprised at how little I had to pressure him! Haha-actually, I just asked him, pleaded my case and he agreed. An inside cat, even. Less than 12 hours later (and that includes sleeping time), they had a kitten in their arms. Now, do I work quickly or what!?

I never meant to work that quickly but my mom found this kitten at her neighbor's barn and it is a real charmer. You know how cats CAN be-where they are antisocial, claw or bite you if you pet them, and dislike kids? Well, this little guy is NOT like that. He runs up to you, hates to NOT be held, purrs even when the kids are toting him around the entire day, and actually seems to enjoy 4 year old boys NEVER leaving him alone! Now, if you come across a kitty like that and you've considered getting one, it's time to get a kitty. Yesterday we took him to Grace's soccer game because we hated to leave him alone after we'd just gotten him. We carried him on the field in a little tote bag w/ his head sticking out. Grace was mighty popular with her teammates at that game! The little girls on Grace's soccer team all passed him around and he just laid on his back in their arms and purred.

The kids named him Runt b/c he was the runt of his litter (I've never seen a kitten this small. You can't really tell in these pictures).

This shot of Luke is my favorite. Having a kitten is his dream come true. Literally. The boy is totally in to cats. Runt slept with him last night and purred against his face while he slept-it was so sweet!

Well, it wasn't my dream of having the kids come down Christmas morning to see a kitten in their stockings, but we did put him in a Christmas box and let the kids open the lid...the look on their faces was priceless! Now the next step is convincing Runt that Shadow doesn't want to eat him! They will be good friends, soon, I'm sure. And Runt will keep Shadow company when we are gone. The goldfish weren't doing a very good job of that.
4 comments:
LOVE little runt!!!!
how fun for them!
are you going to potty train him like jinksy?
Awwwwww how cute!!!
Is Runt going to be his name?
Debbie
Cute! Now all of Grace's begging actually came true too!
Found your blog through Tracey!
Sounds just like my kitty. She LOVES to be held all the time and is the sweetest thing. As soon as my husband or I lay down, she is right there laying on us purring. Those are the best kind of cats!
And my husband too always wanted a BIG dog, but our cat completely changed his outlook :-)
Post a Comment