Thursday, January 4, 2007
Lots of Diseases!
It sure is funny how the adoption agency fails to mention little expenses...like the $600 of shots we have to get to travel to Ethiopia! Haha-I got mine this morning and almost passed out-I had to get Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Meningitis, MMR, Hep A, Hep B, and a flu shot...It was odd-I wasn't scared and it didn't hurt but all of a sudden I got VERY dizzy, very hot, and felt like I was going to throw up in the lady's office-she got me to the bathroom and told me to put my head between my knees and I sat there by the toilet for 10 minutes until it passed! She said it was a common thing that happens to people when they get shots-and she wasn't surprised that it happened to me b/c I got 7-anyway-she assured me it wasn't because of what she injected me with and I feel fine now-but it was kind of scary-then i had to pay them $282 for making me feel like that! Haha-at least I won't get yellow fever, meningitis, hepatitis A or B, typhoid, or measles while in Ethiopia-or the flu! The only reason we didn't have to get immunized against malaria is that Addis is at 7500 ft above sea level and you can't get malaria above 6500 ft...interesting little fact...Daryn is in Jamaica for the week-which is good in a way because I tend to be a little obsessive about planning our trip and I think I drive him crazy talking too much:) There is just so much to plan-all of the paperwork and specific things we have to pack-clothes that need to be bought for Anteneh-and I've got to get babysitters arranged for the kids and write out a massive instruction sheet for the 10 different sets of people who will be watching Grace and Luke while we are gone...there is a lot to do-and as Daryn says, I thrive on the planning and organization of it all-I take after my dad...minus the obsessive compulsive tendencies! Haha....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
SOO excited for you, West family! What size does this little cutie wear? :)
Post a Comment