Saturday, January 27, 2007

Paper Chains


Today Grace and I made a paper chain to keep track of how many days it will be until she and Luke meet Anteneh...it's only 20 chains long! And that is days until they meet him...it's only 14 days until Daryn and I leave to go meet him! Crazy...

This is a link to a UTube 3 minute part of a speech by the woman who wrote "There is No Me Without You", the book I was talking about a few posts back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXi2pLQyp8s
It's very interesting and inspirational. I really have a lot of respect for Melissa Fay Greene.
Daryn is making progress on the bunkbed!!! He disappears into the garage for a while every day and every time I open the door and see his progress, I get more and more excited-like once he gets the bed done this will all be real or something...similar to the feeling of: since we don't have our plane tickets in our hands, it feels like we aren't really going to Africa...it's all in my crazy head! Haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the crafts you do with the kids! such a great mom! and daryn reminds me of pa building that bunk bed. love your family!