FINALLY!!!!!!!! Our 4th court case went through! We are finally approved...Praise God for Anteneh's biological mother who, despite her circumstances, made the long trip all the way back to Addis Ababa with her ID yesterday...Praise God for our agency who worked so hard to get our case to court quickly (4 times!) Praise God for the judge who said that Anteneh should now be referred to as Anteneh West! and Praise God for His timing-there is some reason that he made us wait through 4 court cases-maybe just to develop my patience (I keep telling God it doesn't really work so please quit trying to teach me patience but He just never quits-haha) Yahoo! We are buying our plane tickets today! I got the email this morning and didn't tell Daryn at first. I woke Grace up and told her the good news so she could tell Daryn...it's so amazing to see how excited she gets for every step of this process. It's like she is so much older-at almost 5 years old she seems to grasp everything like an adult. She went into the kitchen and said, "Hey, Daddy-guess what? The court case went well!" Daryn was so excited-I felt like we were telling him we were pregnant or something-WE ARE NOT pregnant, just so that there is no confusion:) We celebrated with Huevos Rancheros for breakfast then of course I had to run upstairs and update the blog! I have been spending way too much time on the computer lately but I think in a way I feel that it's my connection to Anteneh-updating this blog and looking at other parent's Ethiopian adoption blogs...it's becoming an addiction-I'm sure it will stop when we get home w/ him and I'll have him for real in my hands to squeeze! Haha!
Well, I think I will post a picture of each of the kids just in case someone is reading this that has never met them...plus they are so cute that I can't help but brag on them just a little:) Luke is flexing b/c he had just put on his new superman shirt that Uncle Derek and Aunt Megan got him for Christmas! Well, this is a great start to the day!!!

4 comments:
Congrats West Family! God is good! I had tears in my eyes as I read through today's post and some of the old ones. It is evident that God is growing your family! Thanks for sharing with us. We will continue to be praying for your upcoming trip, the final preparations and the fun of bringing Anteneh HOME! By the way, Eleanor was born on February 12th, so we think that's a pretty special day, too! :)
blessings-
Whitney
ps: I'm sure once Anteneh gets settled in, you will need to take him on a trip to Indianapolis!! :)We're ready for a visit!
Congrats-- how wonderful!!
Mary
We are so thrilled, watching this all unfold- His will being done! Cara stopped and had breakfast with us ( homemade sour dough cinnamon coffee cake- not those Mexican eggy things!) and was able to catch us up a bit after seeing Daryn last week. We will continue to pray for all of you and the details involved!
Bob and Lyn<><
Exciting!! All three of your kids are adorable :-)
Post a Comment