
After getting a few comments about it, I figured I should clarify something! Our pediatrician wasn't telling me that we couldn't catch ringworm but he was saying that Anteneh's scalp fungal thing wasn't really ringworm but a different specific type of fungal infection that is harder for Caucasians to catch(it had a name that I can't remember)-he just said, "kind of like ringworm" to explain what a fungal infection was to me...A few people thought that he said we couldn't catch ringworm but that was probably the way I wrote my blog entry-sorry everyone-I was probably a little misleading! So, apparently there is a TYPE of fungal infection that is harder for us to catch b/c we aren't black but LUKE DID! It doesn't surprise me b/c he's got very sensitive skin, anyway-it seems more susceptible to rashes and such...He is now on the same medication to get rid of it that Anteneh was on...but Luke only has to take it for a month-Anteneh had to take it for 2 months but his was much more extensive...I look now at Anteneh's little face and those spots on his cheeks are completely gone...he has the smoothest, most beautiful skin-especially those cheeks...he still has scars on his forearms from the skin infection but I'm wondering if those might still fade over time, too.
Well, here is one of my favorite recent pictures...we made the trek to the nearest drive in to see Shrek the Third a few weeks ago. It was an hour away so we stopped on the way to see my Uncle Fred and Aunt Ann who live near there in Spencer County. Anteneh is becoming quite the country boy-haha. We picked green beans and eggplant out of their garden and the kids picked a pail of blueberries (that we'd finished eating less than 14 hours later) and played with their 3 big dogs for a while. They have a Great Pyrenees(FYI those gigantic white dogs) that towers about all the kids. He is HUGE. It's awesome to see the kids so comfortable around big intimidating animals! In this picture is our set up at the drive in. It cracks me up-notice Grace sitting on one of the back seats from the van in her yellow rain boots (no sign of rain-not sure why she chose to wear those)...we laid the sleeping bags out in the back of the van and ate popcorn (of course I popped on the stove before we left b/c I'm too cheap and healthy to pay $5 for bright yellow movie popcorn), junior mints, and peanut M&M's...umm...did I just say 'healthy'? Well, I make exceptions for chocolate...and for special occasions like the drive in...

And here is one more of Grace and Anteneh holding some dear antlers that the dogs had drug in...notice the skull and even hair still attached...thank goodness for soap and antibacterial wipes!
They LOVE Uncle Fred's house! Oh...and what trip out to the country would be complete without a four wheeler ride? Anteneh's first four wheeler ride...oh....why didn't I get a picture of that?! He loved it...



3 comments:
we love reading your blog! such great stories about the kiddos! you sound like sucha great a mom and have a wonderful happy home for anteneh!
Anteneh is growing a lot it seems!!! Thank ou for keeing us posted on your lives with him!!
God bless!
Debbie Wankel
Oh, we had the fungus, too!
We returned from Ethiopia with ringworm, and Dawit had the other "African" fungus that he took grisofulvin to kick. It's gone, no more dots on Dawit, either!
You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment