I'm not trying to sound selfrighteous here...in fact, hopefully the opposite...but many people have said to us, "I think what you guys are doing is great but I could never do it." And hearing that from so many people who I know are very generous, giving people reminds me of this AMAZING quote....this is taken from Nelson Mandela's 1994 inaugural speech:
“It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?’
Actually...
WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn’t change the world.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people around you won’t feel insecure.
We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.
As we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people the permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others. “
Just a thought but I believe that many of the people who have said to us that they 'couldn't do what we are doing,' really do have it in them but as Nelson Mandela says are in a way 'frightened' to think of themselves making an impact. We know some incredible people that don't realize the impact they already make and the impact they have the potential to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment